Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Long Needed Vacation Is Almost Here

For my one year anniversary, I took a week off from work. Awesomeness. I was originally hoping to go somewhere for it, but I don't think that's going to happen right now because let's face it, we don't really have the money to spend at a hotel right now, or doing any excess shopping, which I know I will be tempted to do if I get out of town. LOL.

So my husband and I have decided to stay in town, and just relax. Do some BBQ'ing, go to a lake, and things like that. Hopefully it will be the much needed break I've been hoping for. I need to just get away from work for more than a day.

I really wanted to go to New York sometime this year. I feel like no matter how long I live here in Michigan, my roots will always go back to New York. If I close my eyes, I can smell the summer there...listen to the honking, the people, the different conversations going on in various languages. I can close my eyes and pretend to be there, but it makes me miss the city ten thousand times more. I guess you can never take the city out of me.... Even when we went to Chicago, I was sooo disappointed. It was NOTHING like New York, which everyone told me it would be. Not even close. So I think one of the reasons I've been kinda down lately, is because I miss that place.... I'm super homesick... And I don't know what to do about it.

Speaking of homesick, I also really miss Austria. Before my grandpa died two summers ago, I used to visit Austria at least every other year. It's amazing there. So gorgeous. And just a whole different atmosphere.

I don't want to hate on Michigan, because I admit it's a decent place. But there's no culture... there's no night life...it's all one-minded, so separated...You gotta pay to do anything fun.

Anyways, I apologize for having a few depressed posts recently. I promise I will break out of it soon. Hopefully this vacation will give me what I need....

No comments:

Post a Comment