Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Setting A Goal!

I am sitting here at 11:17 p.m. on my couch eating a bowl of cereal as my heart races at the speed of light. Why is it racing? Well, I just exercised for the first time in like what... a year? lol. Yes, sad I know!

I've finally decided to do something about my recent weight gain... I think not fitting into my favorite American Eagle jeans is what did it. I'm not fat, and when I tell people I want to lose some weight, they laugh at me.. Not because they don't think I can, but because they don't think I need to. But when ALLLLL your clothes are a size 4, and you can barely fit half of them, we have a problem. I refuse to get new outfits.

See, I am at a weight I don't like. I just don't feel healthy. I don't know if it was birth control, or getting married, or just the unhealthy work schedule I have (I get home at 8:30 and eat late), but whatever it is I need to fix it.

I am 5 foot 6 inches, and weigh 139 pounds. A year ago to this date, I was 123. That was a little too skinny for my taste. People told me I looked like a skeleton (I was really sick for a few months). But a short time later, I started putting on the pounds. My ultimate goal is to be between 126-128. That's always been a good weight for me.

And I just feel gross. I gained weight in my butt, hips, and thighs... A litttlleee bit in my tummy area...and of course I got a bit of the love handles going on (of course the LAST place I would gain weight in is my boobs.... go figure). So when I have a problem getting my jeans over my hips, and I have to lie down to close the button and zipper, that's just bad.

So today, I came home, changed into my PJ's, looked at my husband and said ok, I'm doing a nightly routine...

Here is my goal:

At least five times a week, I will do sit ups, push ups, squats, and run in place. (When I get a little more energy, I will run for real... in place will have to do for now).

So tonight I started with 15 squats since I have pretty strong thighs from dancing. 15 sit ups, which are quite easy for me as well... 10 push ups (OMG, tonight I died at like the 4th one. My arms are the WEAKEST part of my body), and ran in place for 2 minutes.

I may have to start with woman push ups, and move onto men... cuz it wasn't working out too well for me tonight.

Slowly, as I get stronger, I will up those numbers... hopefully double, and even triple them. But I need to dedicate myself to working out. I will also eat less for dinner... so I'm not going to bed with a pretty full stomach.

I am aiming to be at 135 in one month at least. Then down to 128 or so in 2 months. So by mid August, I should have hopefully lost the weight I have gained.

ON ANOTHER NOTE:

Whoever said tattoos are addictive was soooo right. It's not even been a week since I got my first one and I already want another tattoo... I'm trying to figure out the design and location and everything.... haha. No worries though, once I do figure it out I will wait a bit before my next one.

Alright, going to lay on the couch and watch some tv before I crash for the night.

1 comment: