Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wow... My Age Is Catching Up To Me

It's day 4 of my working out and watching what I eat. So far, don't feel too much of a difference when it comes to losing weight (I don't really have a scale, so I wouldn't know anyways). But I'm basing this on how I feel in my clothes. lol. I do think, though, that my metabolism is MUCH MUCH slower than even a year ago. I guess metabolism REALLY does slow down with age.

A year ago, I could lose like 5 pounds in a 2 week period... yeahh.... NOT HAPPENING NOW.

But where I do feel the difference is my ability to do more. For instance, in the beginning my ability to do push ups and squats was a little difficult, but I've uped them each to 30 times :) I admit, there was a strong burning in my arms and thighs, but that's a GREAT THING!!!

I'm about to have a bowl of Total cereal. This past week, I've had nothing for dinner but cereal and salads. So yay for me :) I have also avoided lots of sweets. Another yay for me :) I think I need to pat myself on the shoulder now *pat pat pat*. Let's see how long it lasts.... my diet and exercise, I mean... not the pat on the shoulder :P

On another note:

This week has been very exhausting... Work has been VERY busy. Especially today. We covered an earthquake that originated in Canada (5.0 magnitude) that was felt across the state. Wow, we had lines from callers RINGING offf the hoook at our radio station. Andddd... plus side, I got to go on the Top 40 station we work with and do a report about the earthquake. Woo Hoo! That was awesome.

We also covered our former Detroit mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. The man is spending time in prison already for violating his probation, and nowwww he's been indicted on 19 counts!! wow... that man is FUCKKKEEDDD.

Let's see what tomorrow brings!

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I heard it's not necessarily about weight loss as it is about being healthy, so it's probably a good thing to base it on how you feel in your clothes and just how you feel in general. Plus, muscle weighs more than fat.

    But I haven't worked out in way too long, so don't go by me...lol

    ReplyDelete